Israeli pavilion@ BIO chicago
3-6 May, 2010.
McCormick Place Convention Center, Chicago, USA
The Office of the Chief Scientist, MATIMOP and ILSI will run an Israeli pavilion in the exhibition, where 19 Life Sciences companies will present their technologies and products. The address of this Pavilion is 2548.
The Chief Scientist, Dr. Eli Opper, will participate in the BIO Conference which is adjecent to the Exhibition. In this framwork, the Israeli delegation to the event will hold a session in the track of International Case Studies which its title is Innovative Structures Promoting Commercialization of Israeli Life Sciences .
The session will take place on Tuesday, May 4th, between 15:15 – 16:00, at Room: S101, McCormick Place Convention Center, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60616.
During the session speakers will present structures from various types to create, support and enhance business activity of life sciences companies in Israel. It will focus on governmental structures (such as the OCS granting system); public-private structures (such as the recently announced government-backed biotechnology fund); and private structures (such as the Roche-Pharma—the Israeli VC “Pontifax” Agreement). The support given by these structures is not necessarily limited to financial; it concentrates on the entire value chain of life sciences industry, beginning with early R&D stages up to final clinical trials and commercialization of the products. All these structures involve the encouragement of international cooperation between the companies and their introduction to global markets.
The speakers at this session will be:
– Dr. Eli Opper, Chief Scientist, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor (Israel) – will present the Governmental Support Systemin Life Science industries in Israel
– Dr. Ora Dar, Consultant to the Chief Scientist for Biotechnology (Israel) – will present the new Government-backed Biotech Fund
– Dr. Dan Zabrowski, Executive Vice President, Global Head Pharma Partnering, Roche-Pharma (Switzerland) – will present the (private) Roche-Pharma—the Israeli VC “Pontifax” Agreement – Roche-Pharma point of view
– Dr. Tomer Kariv, General Manager, Pontifax Venture Capital (Israel) – will present the (private) Roche-Pharma—the Israeli VC “Pontifax” Agreement – Pontifax point of view
– Dr. Alex Kozak, CEO, D-Pharm Ltd. (Israel) – will present the technological cooperation between the Israeli D-Pharm and a Chinese Life Sciences company