Mr Shai Zarivatch, Trade Commissioner
Mr Jeremy Ungar, Senior Trade Officer
Ms Kelly Stuart, Trade Officer
Mr Luke Bulbrook, Trade Officer
Latest Israel x Australia Business News
- MeaTech 3D Changes Name to Steakholder Foods to “Cultivate New Community of Meat Lovers”MeaTech 3D Ltd., the first world’s first publicly listed cultivated meat company, announces it is changing its name to Steakholder Foods Ltd. (Nasdaq: STKH.) The new name is intended to reflect the company’s commitment to building a strong community of meat lovers who support changing the world through cultured meat production. Founded in Israel, Steakholder is a leading innovator in the cultivated meat industry, having developed cutting-edge technology and processes to produce whole cuts of animal meat using 3D bioprinting technology. In December 2021, the company printed the largest-ever cultured steak, which weighed in at 3.67 oz. Recently, it secured its first patent for systemsContinue reading “MeaTech 3D Changes Name to Steakholder Foods to “Cultivate New Community of Meat Lovers””
- TAU researchers develop treatment for long-term COVID-19 symptomsResearchers from Tel Aviv University exposed patients with long-term COVID-19 symptoms to intensive Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) treatment, and found significant improvement in cognitive, neurological, and psychiatric functions. (Communicated by the Tel Aviv University Spokesperson) A groundbreaking new study from Tel Aviv University, the first of its kind in the world, found a promising treatment for long-term COVID-19 symptoms, based on advanced Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). Long COVID, which affects up to 30% of patients infected by the COVID-19 virus, is characterized by a range of debilitating cognitive symptoms such as inability to concentrate, brain fog, forgetfulness and difficulty recalling wordsContinue reading “TAU researchers develop treatment for long-term COVID-19 symptoms”
- Mining Operations SolutionsMining in Israel has historically not been a large-scale industry, aside from the ancient Timna valley mines that have been actively mined by humans since the era of King Solomon. However, Israel’s positioning as a center for advanced technology and innovation is well known worldwide, and is gradually being acknowledged by the mining industry as an excellent source of potential solutions. The global mining industry is currently grappling with several challenges that bring issues of economic efficiency and environmental sustainability to the fore. There is a focused debate on the need to shift modern mining to a more sustainable frameworkContinue reading “Mining Operations Solutions”
- Israeli Trusted Solutions in Financial Fraud DetectionMany crimes are typically committed for financial gain. The same applies to cybercrime which is being conducted more frequently for financial gain. Financial fraud incidences have increased in tandem with the enormous expansion in the usage of Mobile banking, Internet banking, Mobile Wallets, e-commerce, and online share trading. They include those involving credit cards, debit cards, online and mobile banking, insurance, computer manipulation, accounting schemes, etc. Israel is renowned for being a leader in Fintech innovation and cyber security. Also regarded as a “Start-up Nation” over the past three decades, she has been at the forefront of developing solutions thatContinue reading “Israeli Trusted Solutions in Financial Fraud Detection”
- HeraMED (ASX: HMD) Partnering with Sheba Medical Centre in IsraelHeraMED has announced that its remote monitoring technology was chosen as one of the key components of a collaboration between Israel’s Sheba Medical Center and Project Rozana | ASX announcement: https://lnkd.in/gFz7TzNb
- Cust2Mate | Smart Shopping Carts | Watch and see the FutureCust2Mate offers a customized grocery-shopping experience by combining shopping list data with a smart shopping cart. The combination of data enables the company’s machine-vision technology to learn and predict the likely outcome of sales, coupons, and special offers targeted to the individual store or consumer. Cust2Mate intends to work with point-of-sale vendors by integrating shopping carts with an in-store navigational system to speed up shopping trips. Customers simply input their shopping list into the mobile app, and the smart cart will guide them through the store.
Israel Trade and Economic Commission
Commercial and Economic Arm of the Embassy of Israel in Australia
Part of the Foreign Trade Administration, under the Israeli Ministry of Economy and Industry
The Israel Trade and Economic Commission is headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Our office is the commercial and investment arm of the Embassy of Israel in Australia, part of the Foreign Trade Administration, under the Israeli Ministry of Economy and Industry.
Our office goal is to promote, enhance and facilitate trade, investment, and industrial RnD cooperation, between Australasia and Israel.
We focus on the strengths and requirements of both the Australasian and Israeli markets, working to develop strategic bilateral partnerships through identifying exciting new investment opportunities and performing scouting activities for Australasian companies and corporates to integrate excellent Israeli technology innovation.