The Israel Trade Commission recently hosted a pavilion of Israeli water technology companies at OzWater in Perth. The Israel National pavilion at OzWater was very successful, and with the exhibitions focus on the mining and resources sector, Israel’s water technology companies were well placed to meet the challenges of Australian resource companies. The Israeli delegation were kept busy with over 50 meetings scheduled for them throughout the exhibition, including with several major Australian water utility companies such as Watercorp, SEQ Water, and Hunter Water.
The Israeli companies that participated in the Israeli National Pavilion at OzWater ‘13 are:
- Amiad is an industry leader in the field of water filtration. From providing filtration solutions to applications in Municipal, Industrial, Wastewater, Oil & Gas.
- IDE Technologies specializes in developing, engineering, constructing and operating small to large-scale desalination facilities.
- Netafim pioneered drip irrigation technology in the 1960s and has remained the world leader in micro and drip irrigation solutions ever since.
- Nirosoft creates advanced membrane-based solutions for water and wastewater treatment that are scalable and cost-effective.
- Whitewater Technologies is a leading provider of smart water network management solutions to utilities and industrials.
In addition to the OzWater exhibition, the Israeli delegation also participated in a Water Seminar, hosted by Rio Tinto at their offices in Perth. Over 100 senior executives attended this seminar to hear from the Israeli companies about the latest technologies coming out of the Israeli water sector, as well as from Allan Jackson, General Manager of Climate Change Water & Environment, on the water challenges facing Rio Tinto Iron Ore in their mining projects. Also in attendance at the seminar was the Honon Ken Baston MLC, Minister for Agriculture and Food, Department of the Premier and Cabinet, Government of Western Australia, as well as the Hon Terry Redman MLA, Minister for Training and Workforce Development; Water; Forestry, Department of the Premier and Cabinet, Government of Western Australia. Following the seminar, the Israeli companies had private meetings with Rio Tinto where they discuseds potential business relationships and collaboration for the future in greater detail.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;}