With 5 percent of the global market share in cybersecurity – second only to the United States – and a resounding 16 percent of worldwide investment in the cyber industry, Israel is considered one of the leading innovators in the field.
The country is home to more than 300 active cybersecurity companies, with a vibrant cyber ecosystem renowned as a bulwark against the diverse threats of the digital age and a pioneer in setting bold cyber-policy.
The entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit of Israel’s cybersecurity sector is underscored by the Israel Cyber Alliance, a professional platform which unites startups, enterprise and government to develop robust, effective cyber strategies. Spearheaded by the National Cyber Directorate in the Prime Minister’s Office, the Ministry of the Economy and Industry and the Israel Export Institute, the alliance provides a unique forum for CISOs and key decision makers to discuss their most pressing needs and challenges in the cyber arena and share valuable information and knowhow.
Indeed, Israel’s commitment to fostering effective cooperation amongst startups, industry experts, the defense sector, and the government is a key driver of its cybersecurity success. In addition, the country’s innovative culture and immensely talented human capital – with many trained cybersecurity experts coming from the Israel Defense Forces – has supported the sector’s phenomenal growth. Through key investments in startup incubators, R&D programs, and tax policy, the government has also played a pivotal role in accelerating the sector’s ascent.
The results speak for themselves. Cybersecurity startups continue to attract increased investment, with $815 million raised in 2017 compared to $227 million in 2014. Check Point and CyberArk, two of the world’s top 10 cybersecurity companies, are Israeli. Tapping into this thriving ecosystem, some of the world’s premier companies have established leading R&D centers in Israel, many with a unique cyber-focus, including Deutsche Telekom, Lockheed Martin, EMC, IBM, Oracle, Cisco, and others. And the southern Israeli town of Beer Sheva continues to gain international renown as a cyber-tech oasis – a leading global hub of ingenuity and invention in the cyber sphere.
Israel’s global cyber leadership is on full display at the leading cybersecurity conference in the world: the RSA Conference in San Francisco from April 16-20 – where top-flight industry experts, researchers, and thought leaders convene to discuss the hottest topics and trends in cybersecurity and to meet companies driving the sector forward. With 54 exhibitors at the landmark event, Israel is showcasing some of its most exciting and revolutionary cybersecurity innovators.
A glance at just five of the Israeli startups exhibiting at RSA this year attests to the dynamism and diversity of this remarkable cybersecurity ecosystem:
- Founded in 2014, Claroty provides ICS and OT networks with an integrated set of cybersecurity products that provide extreme visibility, unmatched cyber-threat detection, secure remote access, and risk assessments.
- Driven by AI algorithms, Cognigo provides a platform for discovering threats, enforcing data policies, and protecting sensitive data assets.
- BigID, founded in 2016, develops software to help companies secure customer data and ensure compliance with relevant privacy regulations, bringing data science to data privacy.
- With a SaaS offering enabling organizations to access their corporate resources in a secure hybrid cloud, Luminate Security can connect any user to any application in any environment, whether on premises or in any cloud.
- Perimeter 81 is a next-generation network security provider, with a mission to transform secure network access for the modern and distributed workforce. Its Software-Defined Perimeter solution simply and securely connects employees to cloud-based and internal network resources.
Check out these and other leading-edge Israeli cybersecurity startups at RSA here. For more information on how Israel’s hi-tech scene is helping innovate our world, please visit http://www.itrade.gov.il/ or contact us: email@example.com.