Australian startups that want to take their business global are invited to apply for the Austrade Tel Aviv Landing Pad, with places available from 1 June 2016.
As reported by Austrade;
Why Tel Aviv?
In 2015, Tel Aviv was ranked the best startup centre outside the US by the Compass Global Startup Ecosystem, which ranks startup ecosystems. In the same year, the Israel Venture Capital Association reported that venture capital funds in Israel raised US$4.43 billion in 708 deals. Israel raised more venture capital per capita than any other country.
Driven by government policy, Israel’s innovation ecosystem is one of the most developed in the world, shaped by a sophisticated network of major global investors, startups, service providers such as IP lawyers, multinational corporate R&D centres and world-class R&D institutions engaged in proactive commercialisation of research.
The Tel Aviv Landing Pad will be located at innovation hub SOSA (South of Salame). Described as the ‘town square for the innovation industry’, SOSA was founded by a community of innovation stakeholders, including some of the most prominent angel and venture capital investors in Israel.
- have access to state-of-the-art workspace facilities at SOSA for up to 90 days
- participate in vertical-themed, tailored one- to three-week boot camps on subjects ranging from user interface design to pitching to investors
- be immersed in an environment that will help accelerate the design and development of your product or service
- access a full suite of services including guidance from an Austrade Landing Pad Business Development Manager on identifying and targeting customers and strategic partners; accessing angel investors, venture capitalists and other potential sources of investment and tailored networking events
- have access to a network of more than 275 multinational R&D centres in Israel.
The Landing Pad is part of the Australian Government’s National Innovation and Science Agenda, which seeks to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship in Australia.
Applications are now open for Tel Aviv. For more information and to apply, visit www.australiaunlimited.com/Landing-Pads.