Dubbed ‘the largest free spa on earth’ the Dead Sea is a rich Salt Lake that is amongst the favorite tourist destinations centuries over, due to the healing properties of the minerals found in it. A geological wonder of more than 400 meters below sea level bordered by Jordan to the east and the West Bank and Israel to the west, it is considered the lowest point on the earth’s surface.
The Israeli cosmetics industry has a burst of products that are composed of minerals, salts, and mud from the Dead Sea. These products boost skin health by reducing skin impurities, soothing chronic back pain, treating acne, as well as treat various health conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis just to name a few.
According to Raju, K (2022) the global market size for Dead Sea Mud Cosmetics was valued at $723.00 million in 2021 and is projected to reach $2.6 billion by 2031, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 13.5% from 2022 to 2031.
Israel is a global leader when it comes to the production of Dead Sea products. In this blog post, we are delighted to share some of the top Israeli Dead Sea Companies:
- AHAVA – Located on the shores of the Dead Sea, its mission is to offer the virtues of the Dead Sea using its most extraordinary ingredients and creating innovative and effective products. AHAVA’s main point of difference is Osmoter™, the mineral catalyst at work in every AHAVA formula. AHAVA’s Osmoter™ draws moisture and nutrients from the depths of the skin to its outer layers, where it is needed the most.
- Mediline – “Natural Sea Beauty” was first founded 20 years ago by L’Oréal. In July 2010 it was acquired by Mediline. Mediline is a privately owned company that imports, promote, and exports pharmaceuticals, Dermo-Cosmetics, and para-medical products in Israel. “Natural Sea Beauty” products contain mineral Complex Solution, an exclusive formula that combines natural ingredients from the Dead Sea with innovative technology to provide the skin with essential minerals for a healthy, youthful, and radiant look.
- Daor Cosmetics – Daor Cosmetics is part of the Biscol Group. Established in 1938, Biscol Ltd. is a 100% family-owned concern and one of Israel’s most enduring and prestigious privately held companies. Their P.L. cosmetics and Toiletries activities are mainly conducted through Biscol Cosmetics Ltd., one of Israel’s leading relevant manufacturers. Their Dead Sea activity is done through Daor Cosmetics Ltd which serves as a marketing branch for their “house” Dead Sea-based brands.
- Mersea Dead Sea – specializes in the export and distribution of beauty and skin care products carefully developed by combining the rejuvenating minerals of the Dead Sea and its region with aromatic oils and plant extracts. The products they export and distribute are of the highest quality, made only from choice natural ingredients. They have a vast and rich collection of cosmetic products from the Dead Sea (over 170 products) and still growing.
- Sea of spa labs Ltd – was founded more than 18 years ago in Arad, Israel. The company is known for the uncompromising quality of its products and is considered a breakthrough leader in terms of innovation and up-to-date marketing approach. Over the years, the company has undergone radical changes concerning the expansion of business operations. The company’s products are originally from the Dead Sea and they contain vitamins and essential oils at a concentration higher than usual to feed and perfect care of the skin.
- H&B Health and Beauty Ltd – was established in 2006 by Hadara Ben Bassat. H&B Dead Sea cosmetics are based on the minerals from the Dead Sea, highly enriched with vitamins and essential, natural oils, an incredible combination of high-quality active ingredients which are set to achieve the ultimate goal of healthy and glowing skin. The products are developed out of the notion that everyone should benefit from nature’s mysterious wonder called DEAD SEA, highly enriched with minerals such as Bromide, Magnesium, Potassium, and more. Currently, H&B’s products (more than 200) are exported to more than 70 countries all over the globe. The cosmetics are sold at department stores, pharmacies, drug stores, SPA, specialty stores, perfumeries, Duty-Free, travel retail, etc.
- Alona Shechter Ltd – established in 1994. The company has developed an in-depth knowledge of the cosmetics industry and has a fine reputation in this