Disruptive innovation across various industries sees a change in the global corporate landscape and Israel is home to one of the world’s largest innovation technology hubs. It has lately seen enormous growth, particularly in the transport, logistics, and mobility sector. As such, the global transport industry is disrupted by trends in new Mobility, Autonomous Driving, Digitalization, and Electromobility.
Start-ups are seizing the opportunity to develop novel solutions for the future of mobility furthermore; they are addressing the trend that new mobility provides for innovative mobility solutions for passengers and goods, most notably in the area of shared mobility and micro-mobility, as well as in fleet management solutions. Autonomous driving-related start-ups have shown the strongest growth among the four categories and digitalization-related start-ups make up the largest share of mobility start-ups. Start-ups focusing on the development of electromobility (such as EVs, batteries, charging facilities, and electric motors) experienced moderate growth in recent years.
The insurgence in the industry is fueled by a convergence between the growing need to solve urban transportation problems and the emergence of new technologies and radical business models. Smart mobility offers to deliver valuable services across entire transportation networks thus, aiding urban congestion, difficulties in providing additional transport infrastructure, and inflexible and regulated public transit agencies. Overall, the way individuals travel from one place to another is fundamentally changing.
Below is a list of some companies that offer smart mobility solutions:
- Otonomo – fuels a data ecosystem of OEMs, fleets, and more than 100 service providers spanning the transportation, mobility, and automotive industries. The company’s platform securely ingests more than 4 billion data points per day globally from over 50 million vehicles licensed on the platform along with massive amounts of mobility demand data from multimodal sources. It then reshapes and enriches the data to accelerate the time to market for new services designed to improve the mobility and transportation experience. Otonomo provides deeper visibility and actionable insights to empower strategic data-driven decisions, thereby taking the guesswork out of mobility and transportation planning, deployment, and operations.
- Uveye – develops automated vehicle inspection systems powered by artificial intelligence and proprietary hardware. The company’s unified inspection-as-a-service deep-learning platform provides an objective, scalable, and efficient standard practice for identifying issues in vehicles as they progress through the automotive lifecycle. UVeyes anomaly detection and alerting solutions offer support throughout the mobility industry, from the in-line inspection or paint shop on-site at the OEM manufacturer to the aftermarket with insurance providers, fleet managers, rental agencies, dealerships, and more.
- Autobrains – provides perception products for advanced driver assistance and fully autonomous driving systems, with dramatically superior performance and lower compute requirements vs. market standard. The precise perception and sensing platform enable the car to fully comprehend its environment and recognize a wide array of fine-grained concepts, including pedestrians, vehicles, and behavioral states.
- Via – uses new technologies to power public mobility systems and optimize networks of dynamic shuttles, buses, wheelchair-accessible vehicles, school buses, and autonomous vehicles around the globe. The company’s platform uses algorithms to adapt ride-sharing routes to passenger needs. Via’s technology enables minibusses or other large shared taxis to collect passengers from prearranged stops and to adjust routes in real-time according to passenger demand, traffic congestion, and other factors. Via licenses its technology to cities, transportation authorities, school districts, universities, and private organizations to help them build their own technology-driven transportation networks. The company operates in partnership with over 400 local governments across more than 20 countries worldwide.
- Aquarius Engines – develops, manufactures, and distributes linear internal combustion engines, based on the company’s proprietary two-sided free piston linear engine, which can also be integrated into generators for off-grid electricity or boosting electric powertrains. With only one moving part, the Aquarius engine is compact and lightweight, allowing for reduced manufacturing and maintenance costs. The Aquarius generator is developed and built to meet robust requirements for availability, reliability, redundancy, remote control, and cost efficiency.
- Greenroad Technologies – a fleet management solution provider differentiated by its focus on driver safety for commercial fleets. Used by more than 120,000 drivers in hundreds of fleets worldwide, the company’s products deliver a rapid return on investment based on a reduction of incidents, fuel consumption, carbon emissions, and maintenance and insurance expenses. GreenRoad’s solutions provide real-time driver coaching and alerts for more than 150 risky driving maneuvers of varying severity along with predictive driver and vehicle analytics. The company’s mobile app-based platform is now used by thousands of mobile workforce, oil, and gas industry drivers across the globe. The availability of this digital solution makes it easy for customers to include contractors and temporary workers as well as employees, including those who drive motorcycles, within the Safe Driving program and to roll out the solution across global organizations.